Complete your 8 Hour Hazwoper Refresher Online
Our 8 hour HAZWOPER training meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120.
Certification is valid nationwide
HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher Plus GHS OSHA Hazardous Communication
- This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for 8 (eight) hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites.
- This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
- The course is comprised of nine sections covering topics pertaining to workplace hazards associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Personal Protective Equipment,
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion which is accepted by OSHA as documentation of training.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) regulation, 29 CFR 1910.120.
- Our 8 (eight) hr class is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
- The course material meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for hazardous waste site worker.
- personal protective equipment
- Before taking the 8 (eight) hr refresher course, the 24 hr or 40 hr HAZWOPER course must be completed.
- Students have 6 (six) months to successfully complete the course.
- This course is self paced; You can take the entire course at one time or log in and out when it is convenent for you.
8 Hour Hazoper refresher FAQs
Q. What if my refresher training has lapsed?
Hazardous waste operations and emergency response lapsed refresher training requirements.
A. In cases where an individual has completed a 40 hour or 24 hour health & safety training for hazardous waste sites, when must a refresher course be completed (e.g. if an individual completes the 40-hour or 24-hour course in March of one year, must the individual complete a refresher by March of the following year or may the individual complete the refresher any time during the following calendar year even up to December 31
- OSHA's intent is that employees should complete their refresher training within twelve months of their initial training, although we do understand that courses may be missed due to unavoidable circumstances.
- As you may be aware, 23 states operate their own state program.
- Please note that in some states operating their own OSHA approved state safety and health program, refresher training must be completed by the exact anniversary of the initial training.
- The employee who misses a refresher training should attend the next available refresher course.
A. In cases where an individual has completed the required 40 or 24 hr training and supervisory training, then either no longer works as a supervisor or leaves the hazardous waste industry for a period of time and then returns to become a supervisor, must the individual retake the supervisory training?
- Retraining is not necessary where the employee can demonstrate competency in the required training topics.
- Therefore, regardless of past supervisory training, a supervisor new to a site would need training to become familiar with the following, as required in paragraph (e)(4) of the standard:
- the employer's safety and health program
- the associated employee training program
- personal protective equipment program
- spill containment program
health hazard monitoring procedure and technique
- Please note that may of the training topics which are to be included in the supervisory training are site-specic in nature.
We hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions please contact OSHA at (202) 693-2190.
OSHA Training Classes Online
8 Hour Hazwoper Refresher
For more information, visit the OSHA Web site at www.osha.gov